Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Birthday you

Dear Robert,

Happy Birthday. You are 18 now. It was nice knowing you. I would really like to be part of your 18th birthday celebration but I guess I can’t. It’s nice to know we are in the same city, for now.

It’s been a year (or more) since we last saw each other. And we didn't really see each other last time. You didn't see me.

I have loved you since second grade and my feelings for you would never stop. I've liked you since forever and I can’t quite figure out why. I've waited for you to make the first move and talk to me, be my friend. We once were, but I left.

Back in school, I kept imagining you were around, you and your long hair. I would have been so happy if we saw each other and talked things through. I want to know exactly what you feel about me. I want to tell you that you are always in my mind. I wish we could be friends that talk to each other. Will that time ever come?

There is nothing for me to do except to stay strong and work hard to finish college. Maybe someday somehow I could find a way to forget you, go away from this city and find a new man.

Why is it that we always want what we cannot have? I know you can never be mine. You have dreams of becoming the next big director of television and I dream of working in a bank.

I am broken. shattered and bruised. I don’t know how you do it. It hurts that I have to be away from you on your birthday. Such a pity, now that we are in the same city and I can’t even be with you. Soon you  have to go back to college and leave me behind again. So sad we can’t be together… for now. So I just keep living and keep moving on, trying not to let my feelings show. Putting a mask on every day to everyone I meet. Acting like it’s okay. Keeping it up cuz life goes on right?

Happy birthday

p.s.
I just baked some cookies for you on your birthday. sweet hu?
too bad you aren't around to taste it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment